1 ~ 2 ~ 3~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7
- Monty was an angel baby all day
- I had the day off and got everything I needed done
- I got a super frustrating email from someone making excuses of why they can't help Drill
- I spent time with The Pal
- I sang Mariah Carey super loud in the car.
So why, when I got home tonight did I feel like it was a loser of a day? Because I chose to focus on the one bad thing ... like a dummy. Sometimes I wish I could drop kick myself in the face when I do that because I know I am a blessed lady. Still I couldn't seem to get out of the funk today. So I did what any smart person does. I called mom. Mother suggested a bath, a candle and calming music and I didn't argue that idea for a second.
Once I got Monty Man down for bed, (he is actually sleeping full nights now with only one feeding! Hallelujah! Praise the heavens. I give all credit to this
!) I drew a bath and tossed my electronics in the other room and settled in for some much needed "me" time. Something I now, too often neglect.
My mom has always taught me that music has the ability to have influence not only your mood but the mood in your home. She has always said, "Play the music to match your desired atmosphere" Tonight I choose elevator/spa music.
So as I was settling down I tried to clear my brain but I kept thinking that there have to be other people/moms who have these days. So I thought I would share the things that made my night a million times better.
1. Hydrea London Dry Brush
- I just recently decided to try "dry brushing". It has a ton of benefits (see them here
)... reducing cellulite and stress relief were what caught my attention. It's incredibly relaxing in a, rub-a-cactus-all-over-your-body, sort of way. But in all seriousness, I really would suggest it, especially before a nice warm bath. (Also this brush I got from TJ Maxx detaches which is surprisingly useful)
2. Bath and Body Works Body Scrub
- This is some special stuff. I felt the stress roll off my shoulders and I melted into the bath when I massaged the exfoliating body scrub into my super dry (neglected) skin.
3. Bath and Body Works Lotion
- My Pal calls this my grandma lotion. When I heard they might discontinue my favorite scent, Sandalwood Rose, I bought 5. I use it VERY sparingly. But tonight was a special occasion.
4. Chris Botti Pandora Station-
Mother introduced me to this station. She uses it to clean her house. I use it for everything... it's pretty much playing all the time lately. Seriously so calming. (Do I sound like an insane person with how much calming I need?)
5. Treat of your choice
- Sour candy is my pick. What is your treat of choice?
6. Riles and Co Lavender Soy Candle
- I won this right before I had monty and it's dwindling. I need to order a new one stat. The smell is unreal and it brings so much peace to a room.
7. Burt's Bees Facial Towelettes
- Every night I wipe my face with these. They are so rejuvenating. They make me feel like a teenager.
I'm calm, clean and fresh faced. This is exactly what I needed. Mother knows best. (go ahead and try to tell me you aren't singing this
So now I'm curious, what are your favorite ways to clear the bad juju out of your head? What was your mom's advice for this?